Over the last few months dreaming of sunny days gone by I have started to think about Wild Camping and Tents. This then got me thinking about Hammocks and the limitless possibilities that may bring. This then led me to possibly the best in both worlds with a hanging tent hammock where you can spend the night gazing at the stars anywhere you want to pitch it. You could be close to the ground or up in the canopy of the trees. the options are endless really. These hammocks will squeeze into a big back pack as when packed up are less than 2 feet long and only 6 inchs wide. They also only weight just over 4 pounds in weight so wont break your back when carrying them to the perfect spot
The Hammock also has some nice features such as an O ring for suspending a light and it can also be used on the ground as well as suspended to offer more options depending on the terrain. The hammock also has a spreader bar and arch pole system to stop the cocoon effect you sometimes get from hammocks.
The Hammock has attached no-see-um bug netting and a rainfly that attaches directly to the hammock, so no need for additional trees for tying off a tarp or staking. Lightweight, easy to set up and perfect for all types of camping or anyone looking for a comfortable, bug/water proof place to relax or sleep
This is only a quick a look at these hammocks but its certainly food for thought of the possibilities that are around out there. I could certainly see this being a viable option when wild camping, maybe not on the tops of mountains where trees can be in short supply but certainly for hiking across country. In summary this is definitely worth a look if you are in the market for a tent or a hammock, cant hurt can it.
- Total Weight: 4.25 lbs. (including poles, rain fly and stuff sack)
- Interior Length: 90 in.
- Interior Width: 42 in.
- Packing Size: Packs to: 22in x 6 in.
- Weight Limit: 275 lbs.
- Color: Forest Green Construction:
- Hammock body made of ripstop-nylon and poly pack cloth.
- No-see-um net canopy keeps bugs out.
- Waterproof nylon border on the canopy protects against water blowing up under rain fly.
- Waterproof ripstop-nylon rain fly included.
- Strong spreader bars and shock-corded aluminium arch poles for the net canopy.
- Additional Features:
- Two interior storage pockets.
- O-ring in ceiling for hanging light.
- Stuff sack included.
- Use suspended or on the ground.